Online Approval for Payroll Deduction
Who Is Eligible?
Regular (not temporary) staff and faculty from all three U-M campuses can take advantage of this option. However, we cannot sell Microsoft software to Flint or Dearborn customers due to licensing rules.
If you have an end-dated appointment you will not be eligible if your appointment ends before the reimbursement process is completed.
- Other reasons you may be denied include a current open contract with the Showcase or a history of payment problems. Please note that salary data is never accessed and is therefore never a consideration in the approval process.
How Does It Work?
- Log in (below) with your uniqname and UMICH (Kerberos) password. Fill out all fields on the online form and submit your request.
- We receive the request and make the necessary checks (employment status, no open payroll contracts with Showcase, availability of products).
- If everything checks out, we'll start a payroll contract form for you and create a work order which "holds" requested products for a short time. You will be notified by e-mail (usually within the next business day) that you have been approved. If there is a problem with your request, you will be notified about that, too.
- The sale is completed when you come in. Please bring your U-M ID and tell the cashier you have been pre-approved. You can make product changes (assuming we have items on hand) at the time of sale. Most payroll deduction sales require partial payment so please be ready to pay the partial payment if necessary. You are not charged until the contract is signed in the store and you receive your products.
This is a very time-sensitive process. We can only honor an approved pre-request (and hold products) for three business days. If you do not come in to complete the sale within that time we cancel the approval and release products. You will need to re-apply if you wish to purchase this way at a later date.
I'm Ready to Apply
Ok, just click the login button below and fill in the short form.
Who Do I Contact If I Have Questions?
E-mail questions to email@example.com
Central Campus Store (Michigan Union): 734 647-2537
North Campus store (Pierpont Commons): 734 647-9678